90 MINUTES ON ICE DRILL & SKILL
We provide a high-intensity on-ice curriculum, implemented each day by Minnesota Blue Ox coaches Jay Witta and Eric Thompson. Our on-ice 90 minute training focuses on puck possession, patience, poise, regroups, speed, intensity, quick movement, small area games, board battles and high compete levels. In addition, we include individual skill development to better allow our athletes the ability to incorporate their individual skills into the overall development and game situations created during on-ice training. Once a month we will bring in Blue Ox power skating instructor Katie Moe to work on skating, balance and edge work for 60 minutes.
- Once a Month Power Skating, Balance and Edges
- Skating Quickness, Speed, and Agility
- Hockey IQ and Game Concepts
- Compete & Puck Battle Drills
- Puck Possession, Passing, Shooting, Body Positioning
60 MINUTES OFF ICE SHOOTING, STRENGTH & QUICKNESS AT POWEREDGE TRAINING
Our 60 MINUTES of off ice focus is on the development of hockey-specific strength and conditioning. Training will focus on the proper technique and execution of the exercises and drills necessary to develop the athletes’ core muscle groups through the use of resistance training and conditioning. The goal is to develop ALL eight fitness abilities that will take the athlete to the next level endurance, strength, power, coordination, speed, agility, balance, and flexibility. We will also customize nutrition calendar to athlete’s request.
- Off Ice Shooting Technique and Training
- Core Strength and Stability
- Lower and Upper Body Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Improve Power and Quickness on the Ice
- Increase Aerobic and Anaerobic Capacity
- Exercises Specific to the On-Ice Demands of a Hockey Player
- Nutrition Education and Schedule